If you’re a business owner, you know that marketing is essential to your company’s success. You’ve probably also heard that social media is a great way to market your business. But what if you’re not on social media? Or what if you are, but you’re not sure how to use it effectively? Enter Pinterest.
Pinterest is a social media platform that allows businesses to share images and other visual content with potential customers. It can be an excellent tool for marketing your brand.
Pinterest and its potential for marketing
Pinterest has become one of the most popular social media platforms in recent years. With its user-friendly interface and vast array of pins, it’s no wonder businesses are utilizing this channel for marketing purposes. Here we explore Pinterest’s potential for marketing and how your business can make the most of it.
As a visual platform, Pinterest is perfect for businesses in the creative industries such as fashion, interior design, and food and drink. Pins are highly shareable, meaning that your content has the potential to reach a broad audience.
To make the most of Pinterest for marketing purposes, creating high-quality pins that are visually appealing and relevant to your target audience is essential. It would be best to consider using keywording and hashtags to ensure your content is discoverable.
The Benefits of Marketing on Pinterest
Pinterest is a relatively new social media platform quickly gaining popularity among businesses. Here are some of the benefits of marketing on Pinterest:
- Increased brand awareness: With over 150 million monthly active users, Pinterest provides businesses with a large audience to reach. Pins from businesses are seen an average of 3.6 billion times per day, which can lead to increased brand awareness and website traffic.
- Greater engagement: Engagement on Pinterest is higher than on most other social media platforms, with users spending an average of 15 minutes daily on the site. This activity presents an opportunity for businesses to develop a connection with their target market and build relationships.
- Improved SEO: Since Pinterest is a visual search engine, it can improve a website’s SEO (search engine optimization) potential.
Creating Your Business Profile
- Go to pinterest.com and click the “Create account” button.
- Enter your email address and create a password. Then click on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, select “Business.”
- Enter your business name, website URL, and location. Then click on the “Create account” button again.
- Once logged in, you can create pins and boards and fill out your profile information.
Creating Pins That Drive Engagement
Pins are a great way to drive engagement on Pinterest. Here are a few tips for creating pins that will get people talking:
- Use high-quality images. This is one of the critical aspects of creating a pin that will stand out. Make sure your images are clear and eye-catching.
- Write concise, attention-grabbing descriptions: People are scrolling through Pinterest quickly, so you want to ensure your descriptions are short and to the point.
- Use keywords in your descriptions: This will help people find your pins when searching for specific topics.
- Utilize Pinterest’s Rich Pins feature: This allows you to include more information about your product or service right on the pin itself, which can be very helpful for potential customers.
- Repin other peoples’ content occasionally: A lot of people think that to be successful on Pinterest, you must constantly create new content. But that’s not necessarily true – you can also be successful by repinning or sharing other peoples’ content.
Sure, you should create and share your original pins as often as possible. But don’t forget to repin other peoples’ content occasionally too. By doing so, you’ll get more exposure for your pins and build relationships with others on the platform.
Using Hashtags and Board Descriptions
Hashtags are a great way to get your pins noticed on Pinterest. They help categorize your pins and make them more accessible for people to find. Add a “#” symbol before a word or phrase (no spaces) in the pin description to use hashtags.
Board descriptions are another way to help people find your pins. When you create a board, you can add a brief description of what it’s about. This helps people know whether the board is relevant to their interests.
Analytics and Tracking
With analytics and tracking, you can see precisely how your pins perform and make necessary changes to ensure they reach your target audience.
Here’s a look at some of the things you can track with Pinterest analytics:
- Impressions: Measuring how often others see your Pins.
- Repins: Showing how often other users save your Pins.
- Engagement: This metric shows how often users interact with your Pins (by liking, commenting, or clicking through to your website).
In conclusion, if you want to start brand marketing via Pinterest, you need to create an engaging profile and post-high-quality pins, use keywords and hashtags, and join relevant group boards while interacting with other users. Following these tips, you can effectively market your brand on Pinterest and reach a wider audience.
Ready to boost your company’s image? We can help! Turn One Studio offers services like marketing consultation, graphic design, website development, video production, social media management, and more! Contact us so we can discuss your needs! Call 631-223-8124 today!
To learn more about marketing your small business, check out our What you need to know to market your small business article.